Tommy D. Roebig is a native Floridian, born and raised in Jacksonville. He received his undergraduate degree from Florida State University and his law degree from Stetson University College of Law where he was a member of the National Moot Court Team. In 2007, the Stetson Lawyers Association awarded Tommy and his partner Wil Florin its Outstanding Alumni Award (Paul May Meritorious Service Award). He is a member of the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice Foundation and numerous other associations which promote civil justice.
Tommy has been inducted into the “Million Dollar Advocates Forum,” a National organization which recognizes Trial Lawyers who have received jury awards in excess of a million dollars. He has also been named to the “Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum” for numerous jury verdicts of multiple millions. He is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by both The Florida Bar and The National Board of Trial Advocacy as well as Board Certified as a Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certifications. Florida Trend™ Magazine has selected Tommy as one of Florida’s “Elite Lawyers” and he has been voted by his peers to be named in “Best Lawyers in America”. In 2017, he was named Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America for his accomplished work in Personal Injury Litigation for Plaintiffs in the St. Petersburg, Florida Metropolitan Area.
Tommy has been repeatedly named among Florida’s “Super Lawyers” every year since 2006 in a statewide poll conducted of practicing attorneys by the publication Law and Politics. He has also obtained Martindale-Hubbell’s highest peer rating for both ethics and legal ability. In 2007, he was listed as one of “America’s Leading Plaintiff’s Lawyers” by the national legal organization, Lawdragon. Every year since 2009, Tommy was selected by the National Trial Lawyers Association as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the state of Florida.
Tommy is a frequently requested lecturer at Stetson University College of Law instructing on the law of negligence and wrongful death damages. He has often been a requested speaker on trial tactics to numerous legal associations and trial lawyer seminars including the Florida Justice Association and has served as an adjunct professor at St. Petersburg College teaching civil law courses.
Tommy has obtained million dollar plus jury awards in both federal and state court trials as well as million dollar recoveries for his clients in the areas of medical malpractice, discrimination & civil rights, liquor liability, product liability, class action and motor-vehicle negligence. Recently in 2016, Tommy Roebig pursued and obtained a $42 million jury verdict against Applebee’s and others in a personal injury case (largest contested jury verdict in Hernando County history). In 2005, his $15 million jury verdict in a trucking negligence trial was the 4th largest verdict reported in the state. His $47.4 million jury verdict against a Tampa Bay area day spa and massage therapist is the largest jury verdict in Pasco County history and the second largest jury verdict in Florida for 2014. His $6.1 million jury verdict in a motorcycle accident case obtained in August 2017 is believed to be the largest jury verdict in Sumter County history. His recent 2018 $7.6 Million jury verdict in a premises liability case is believed to be the largest injury verdict ever in the Clearwater, Florida civil division. Tommy is married and has two children.
- J.D. / Stetson University College of Law
- B.S. / Florida State University
- Florida Bar, Member, 1987
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1988
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2016
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice Foundation, Member
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Member
- American Civil Liberties Union, Member
- Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America, 2017
- Top 100 Verdicts in America by National Law Journal, 2016
- Top 100 Verdicts in America by National Law Journal, 2014
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyers (Law & Politics)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Elite Lawyers by Florida Trend Magazine
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers Association
- Best Lawyers in America by Best Lawyers, Personal Injury Litigation
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer by American Society Legal Advocates